You’re making the right decision. You have a solid career as a professional in your technical discipline, and now you’re ready to take the next step in your career. The online Master of Science in Engineering Management enhances your technical expertise while developing your management skills, arming you with the necessary analytical tools and credentials to help you transition into a leadership or management position. Plus, the convenient online format allows you to network with like-minded individuals while gaining critical skills regardless of where you are in your career.
The online Master of Science in Engineering Management helps students with an engineering, math or science degree learn how to apply the quantitative techniques and tools of operations research, systems analysis and decision making to solve problems in business, industry and government. Practicing engineers gain the analytical tools and management skills needed to plan, design, optimize and direct complex programs, processes and systems — and to lead the teams that make them work. Master core methodologies in:
- Operations Research Simulation
- Organizational Behavior
- Systems Engineering
- Engineering Economy
The online Master of Science in Engineering Management program requires an undergraduate degree from an ABET-accredited engineering program or a math or science degree from a regionally accredited university.*
*See the admission page for detailed requirements.
Who Should Apply?
The University of Dayton’s online M.S. in Engineering Management is ideal for professionals who are looking to gain management skills in order to successfully lead engineering projects and teams. Applicants must meet the following admissions requirements:
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited program in engineering, physics, chemistry, applied mathematics or other appropriate program of study. Applicants with a different undergraduate degree may be required to complete prerequisites.
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA on a 4.0 scale. Some programs require higher GPAs for admission. In some cases, applicants with a GPA below 3.0 may be admitted on a conditional basis.
- The applicant’s academic preparation should include at least three semesters of analytic geometry and calculus, linear algebra and computer competency.
- International students should have a minimum TOEFL score of 80 or IELTS score of 6.5.
University of Dayton Highlights
Recent graduates have received increased job responsibilities, experienced rapid promotions and obtained professional certification in areas such as Six Sigma (black belt) from the Project Management Institute.
For more information about the online Master of Science in Engineering Management degree, call 855-792-1042 or contact an admission representative.